Tuesday, April 1, 2008

concrete transformatory

the road that leads nowhere is ash in its tray
the clouds red at sunset are bleeding away
when towns roll by in glass-domino lines
i've eaten my fill, i've torn down my shrines
what once was fire and spirit and rose
is left to a postcard with vacuous prose
"slept in this morning, just like all the rest;
send love to mum, wish you all the best."
a violin-song once promised me fountains
of freedom, but gave to me only mountains
a traffic jam in the side-streets of my cells
an empty cathedral still ringing my bells
hoping in dusk for only a tithe or a heart
untraversed waters of blood there to chart
to deliver into
some kind
of liberation
from


rhyme and

rea
so


n.


so

i guess
ifoundwhatiwasn't


looking
for


and never
wanted

in these
sidewalks

and
nazca lines
across my
wind
shield


i see that
the prisoncloud lens
is shifting
north

the oceans
of green
will crawl into
gray

and these roads
will die




i
think
it's time
to head
home.

4 comments:

Janie Kamenar said...

I well and truly love this. The overflow rhythm of the beginning and then how it breaks down, the postcard of vacuous prose...

jesse said...

Thank you. This is my favorite piece of anything I've written in a long time.

It's always nice to hear from you. :)

. said...

this is my favorite thing i've read of what you've written.

Anonymous said...

Great work.