Monday, March 31, 2008

basin of thought, edges well-worn

for the past three decades
i've been erasing every word
that drips from my soaking fingers
out of spite, perhaps,
or a twisted sense of
purpose.

i ask myself,
"if they are writers,
then what am i?
what is I?"
and i have never found
a solution
though i have inverted myself
and my hypothermic fingers,
waterlogged with crooked pursuits
at a resolution.

so i can safely assume that the answer
is still out there
waiting to find me
with quiet eyes
and wet, wet fingers.

3 comments:

M. said...

If the people publishing books and signing autographs are writers, then we are nothing close to them.

If they are writers, then we are superheroes.

Anonymous said...

It is very interesting for me to read this article. Thank author for it. I like such themes and anything that is connected to them. I would like to read a bit more on that blog soon.

Anonymous said...

By the way, try Bluetooth blocker to disable all secret transmitters in your room or at work.