Monday, September 15, 2008

excerpt: the manifesto

if there is one thing i should
never be allowed to do,
it is Speak.
for when i speak,
i enjoy it too much.
i let the words melt around my
tongue like caramel sweets and
i throw down the cellophane,
singing "take that, Mother Earth!"
i savor the words in my mouth
like love letters in my coat pocket,
dissolving into Sound and ocean.
the words crawl through me as worms,
creepy crawlies wiggling their little legs
all over my tongue and my teeth and up
the back of my throat they come, warriors
charging to their deaths, their last little
writhing deaths under the flaming Eye
of the magnifying glass.


the words spill out:

Forthright.


Audacious.



Curtains.




Elucidate.





Sweden.

4 comments:

Tala Azar said...

hahaahehehhehee i love this poem. it flows very naturally and the ending is hilarious.

jesse said...

It is not complete. This is a part of a longer piece that is incomplete. I wanted to post something, and this was the only part that was close enough to being done.

Thanks. :)

jesse said...

AND I AM TIRED. So I am allowed to not make sense.



Wow.

. said...

wonderful