Tuesday, July 15, 2008

a lover named Anthony

the hem of this skirt has grown so unbearably frayed
i fear i begin to see him in the trailing strands
disillusioned, i retire to sheets soft and clean
waxing poetic and wistful in the cool night air
he grows and plods in my e a r d r u m s
"think; think; think;" he knifes to me
i smile and let my blood pool for him
we watch our wounded red reflections
bloom, and the thoughtstains make it all right
it's all right, and i know it, and he knows it
anthony, with his unkempt patchy morning eyes
and i, toes wrapped in scuffed patent leather
the both of us very nearly make one.

6 comments:

Tala Azar said...

i want a lover named anthony.

anthony anthony anthony.

jesse said...

And the knee...

. said...

where did your new poems go?

jesse said...

"New" as in written in the last half-month?

There aren't any...

I don't know what the step after writer's block is called, but I'm there.

. said...

ouch. well get out of your block as soon as you can, please.

if this helps, whenever i can't write, i jot down words that catch my fancy and start from there. i find my notecards all over the place. it's fun, really.

words today: smoke, proclaim, cross-ankled

jesse said...

I have phrases written all over the place, I just can't flesh anything out.